Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Is tmf642 - Alarm Management API extensible?

Posted Jan 13, 2023 05:09
    Hi, 

I'm currently implementing the tmf642 API in an Alarm Management System. The system already has an API that is very complete, in fact the TM Forum API seems to be quite simple comparing to the company's current API, because it has way less attributes.
    Is it possible to add extra attributes to the tmf642 resource Alarm and still obtain the API certification? As long as the API passes the CTK tests without Fails, it's possible to obtain the certification? 

Thank you for your help,

Adriano Oliveira

------------------------------
    Adriano Oliveira
    Altice Labs, S.A

• 2.  RE: Is tmf642 - Alarm Management API extensible?

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 15, 2023 02:27
    Hi Adriano
    You can certainly extend APIs and still pass the CTK. Just be aware that the CTK will fail if your extension requires additional mandatory attributes at input.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Is tmf642 - Alarm Management API extensible?

Posted Feb 07, 2023 10:31
    Hi,

The alarm management system where i'm implementing the tmf642 requires extra mandatory fields to create an alarm, such as domain, probe host, and others. I had read at this api user guide that it is up to an implementer to add mandatory fields to create an alarm (Alarm Management API User Guide - pag.89), but seems that your reply says the opposite. Can you clarify what you meant? I made the API pass the CTK by adding the attributes to the config.json payload.

Thank you for your help,

Adriano Oliveira

Adriano Oliveira
    Altice Labs, S.A