Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Issues with Open API Directory Re-Design

TM Forum Member
    Posted 6 days ago

I noticed that the openapi directory received a design update. Looking good 👍 I like the new structure by domains. It's a lot easier to find a spec.

Just a couple of issues

• I can't find TMF679 ProductOfferingQualification anymore. It's still listed in the specifications. I haven't checked all specifications, I just noticed searching for it. B
    • The header search icon in the top right next to the profile doesn't work in the new design. It is working in the old design.
    • You can't insert space in the directorie's search bar, since it opens/closes the filter box. This means that you can't properly search "Service Catalog" for example.

If this isn't the right place for this kind of feedback, please let me know where to raise the issue.

------------------------------
    With kind regards
    Omar Sood
    conology

• 2.  RE: Issues with Open API Directory Re-Design

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago

Thanks Omar for the feedback, I'm sending it on to the relevant focals.

Teething troubles, hopefully.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Issues with Open API Directory Re-Design

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Hi Omar,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It's comments like these that allow us to constantly improve our API offering. Please keep them coming.

Regarding TMF679, we are aware of that API being missing and we aim to have that back up on the new Directory ASAP. I have already fed your other observations about issues with search to the relevant teams. Again, like the missing API, we aim to address these as quickly as possible.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Darren

Darren Nicholls
    TM Forum

• 4.  RE: Issues with Open API Directory Re-Design

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Hi Darren and TM Forum Team,

I want to congratulate everyone involved in the fantastic work done with the revamped Open API table. The new design update has significantly enhanced usability, making it much easier and more user-friendly to navigate and find information. The integration of the ODA component with the Open API is particularly noteworthy and marks a positive step forward.

However, I noticed that in the new version of the Open API table, there are fewer APIs listed compared to the previous version. One specific example is the absence of TMF640.

Could you please list down all the APIs (that have not been listed in the new Open API table but were present in previous version of the Open API Table) and their reason for not being listed? This will help me (and all the other members) to be better aware of this change and we don't have to keep reporting this one by one.

Understanding the rationale behind the APIs that have missed out in getting listed in the new directory will help us ensure alignment and possibly address any concerns that may arise. Please note that we have these APIs in our production environments and understanding the reason for not being listed is very important for us.

Once again, congratulations to the team for achieving such a remarkable improvement in usability and design. Looking forward to your insights on the TMF640 API in particular and all the other APIs that have not been listed.

Abdul Majid Hussain
    Telstra Corporation

• 5.  RE: Issues with Open API Directory Re-Design

TM Forum Member
    Posted yesterday

Hi Abdul,

Firstly thank you very much for your kind, positive words regarding the updated API Directory. We continue to strive for a better user experience and it's great to hear we are moving in the right direction. I'll ensure your comments are shared with the team internally.

Regarding missing APIs, I can only apologize for this. We are in the process of conducting an investigation into what may have caused this and fixing the issue to return the missing APIs to the Directory. There is no other reason for an API to have been omitted from the Directory that was previously on the API table. I'll let you know as soon as we have a timeline for returning the APIs to the Directory.

Regards,

Darren

Darren Nicholls
    TM Forum