TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Know your customer - KYC - TMForum Standard

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 23, 2023 09:14

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any reference around building a "Know Your Customer" system with in TMForum Standards.

Also if this system is built on a custom standard, and because of regulatory standards we need to do this KYC process while buying a product (process needs to be done everytime we buy the same product e.g. a postpaid mobile connection). In which entity should this process outcome information be stored. We have thought about two options , customer or product inventory. We think since we are doing the process everytime we buy a product and regulatory standards enforce that the process is repeated every time(even for existing customer) ideal place to store this is at Product inventory.

Kindly share your thoughts around this.

#AIandData
    #Blockchain
    #BusinessAssurance
    #CustomerExperience
    #DigitalEcosystems
    #DigitalTransformationMaturity
    #IoTandSmartCity
    #OpenDigitalArchitecture
    #General
    #ZeroTouchAutomation
    #DiversityandInclusion

------------------------------
    supreet arora
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: Know your customer - KYC - TMForum Standard

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 13, 2023 07:13

Hi Supreet

I'm not sure exactly what type of data you store for this "know your customer", but the fact that you collect it as part of the ordering process doesn't mean that it is product-related information.

Simply speaking, you should evaluate the entities in and around the customer domain (Customer itself, Party, PartyRole, Account and subclasses), and see if you can assign the KYC information to these entities.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.