Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 05, 2024 10:29

Hi

I'm implementing the TMF 663 in the version 5.0.0 and need to provide a location (such a delivery on invoice address) for the whole shopping cart. I can do it over cart items / product using place. But how I can provide a location for the whole cart? In the 4.0.0 version there was a possibility to do it over RelatedParty/ContactMedium, which is not there anymore in the 5.0. 

Should I extend e.g. a ContactMedium for that? any other options?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    Alexander
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 03:40
    Edited by Markus Schaeffer Mar 06, 2024 05:02

Hi Alex,

the mystery of where to manage Address for customers was also a question that I was trying to solve. First and foremost I don't see it as part of TMF663 at all. This is about products. I would expect that we have to identify customer first and in some cases address too, the customer address to determine product selection and more important customer taxation specifics. That being said we used TMF666 as reference where Accounts have relations to Customers (Party) and Contacts. We used relation between Contact to Address to capture many Addresses for a Customer (Party). I think the magic comes together once an order is created and shopping cart is translated into product order (TMF622) Product Order Management and there you have to pass the Related Party to provide a delivery Address to your Logistics domain. For us it was important to keep Addresses close to Customers and avoid Redundancy in Logistics Domain therefore Address for an Order is still passed by Value but its lifetime is defined just as part of a logistic order.

Is that of any help?

Best, Markus 

Markus Schaeffer
    Telefonica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG

• 3.  RE: Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 05:55

Hi Alexander

Perhaps a misunderstanding? In v5 Shopping Cart includes a list of ContactMedium, which is now a base class with subclasses that include a fielded address. So you could use this if necessary for your purpose.

Having said that, I tend to agree with Markus that a location for shopping cart is probably not what you really need. For tax purposes, you'd want customer location, and this is done through the cart.relatedParty list, one of which will presumably be the owning customer. And in some cases, taxes might be levied according to e.g. product location (wireline) or primary place of use (wireless); here also the Product within the cartItem has reference to Place.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 06:28

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your points! Regarding ContactMedium - in the 5.0.0 there are only Email- and Phone classes, different to other TMF APis (as PostalContact in reply of @Markus Schaeffer) or ContactMedium in the version 4.0. One quick solution (if addresses still required in the initial create shopping cart - will check it with BA)  would be create another subclass of existing ContactMedium.

Regards,

Alexander

"ContactMedium": {
            "allOf": [
              {
                "$ref": "#/components/schemas/Extensible"
              },
              {
                "type": "object",
                "description": "Indicates the contact medium that could be used to contact the party.",
                "properties": {
                  "id": {
                    "type": "string",
                    "description": "Identifier for this contact medium."
                  },
                  "preferred": {
                    "type": "boolean",
                    "description": "If true, indicates that is the preferred contact medium"
                  },
                  "contactType": {
                    "type": "string",
                    "description": "Type of the contact medium to qualifiy it like pro email / personal email. This is not used to define the contact medium used."
                  },
                  "validFor": {
                    "$ref": "#/components/schemas/TimePeriod"
                  }
                }
              }
            ],
            "discriminator": {
              "propertyName": "@type",
              "mapping": {
                "ContactMedium": "#/components/schemas/ContactMedium",
                "PhoneContactMedium": "#/components/schemas/PhoneContactMedium",
                "EmailContactMedium": "#/components/schemas/EmailContactMedium"
              }
            }

Alexander Alexander.Koezle@t-systems.com
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 5.  RE: Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 06:31

Hi Markus,

thanks for your very good overview answer over the TMF landscape (I'm sticking currently only in TMF 663) - will address this point to our business analysts and try to clarify it.

regards,

Alexander 

Alexander Alexander.Koezle@t-systems.com
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 6.  RE: Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 06:48

Hello,

I am glad it was of some help. Let me know what BA makes out of it and/or if you want to exchange on other API related topics.

Best, Markus

Markus Schaeffer
    Telefonica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG

• 7.  RE: Location for shopping cart in TMF 663 version 5.0.0

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 07, 2024 10:01

It could depends on what you mean by "delivery on invoice address". I've usually seen that delivery address is a different entity than a billing address (which belong to the Party domain)
    Addresses are captured by customer or employee) in 2 places:

• Product Order (at the checkout page):
      • billing address
      • shipping address
    • Shopping cart
      • Service Address
        • it is stored as a product characteristic (Service Address Id) in the shopping cart.
        • it is "passed" to the Product Order

most of the time the 3 addresses are actually the same physical location.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform