Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Network/Resource Priority

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 29, 2022 09:05
    Edited by Caui Leal Jul 29, 2022 09:06
    Currently we can offer a service to our customers supported by differents networks/resources.
    Therefore, to exposed Resource Inventory API we use a federation layer. However, my question is which TMF Open API should response network priority chose to attend a specific product: Resource Pool Management or Service Qualification Management?
    In my opinion Resource Pool should develop this rule and return this information, because is when I confirm that my customer accept a offer and it is also when I have a real-time-information of which resource pool will attend that customer.

------------------------------
    Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 2.  RE: Network/Resource Priority

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 31, 2022 05:45
    Hi Caui
    Can you give a specific example (without leaking IP).
    It could be I have a misunderstanding, but I believe that the Resource Pool API was primarily intended for logical resource pool management (e.g. number ranges assigned to particular business customers, or IP address ranges). So not sure the API is appropriate to your use case.
    It does seem to me that Service Qualification is a closer match. Note that the input to Service Qualification is Service, so your BSS layer would have to do the decomposition from Product to Service before invoking the API.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Network/Resource Priority

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 15:43
    Hi Jonathan,
    Apologize for not being clear.
    We are studying two scenarios:
     1 - After get all Technical Address from our different network providers we have to check using this address which products can I offer to my customer so, after a quote be generated and agreeded by our customer we have to make a reservation of the resources that support the products chosen. Therefore, I was wodering get all services/technologies/atributes using Service Qualification (Query Service Qualification) and then my BSS layer can show to my salesman what he can offer to the customer, however I still did not decide my network priorization, I mean the network that has to priority to attend my customer, it will be decided when I reserve my resources using Resource Pool Management.
    2 - When I use the Technical Address to query or check Service Qualification it will also return the network priority and then when I make a resource reservation I would send the network that my resources are. Therefore, my Resource Pool Management would reserve the resources of that specific network in a specific inventory.
    Therefore, my question is which service should provide network priority, if I deploy that rule in Service Qualification, it is possible that when I try to make a reservation the resource could not be available anymore, that's why I am thinking to deploy this rules on Resource Pool Management, however it is still under discussion

Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 4.  RE: Network/Resource Priority

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 04:12
    Thanks Caui
    By design, service qualification is a read-only API, does not do any reservation. If you need to reserve capacity or other network stuff, you could consider a preliminary service order to actually affect the network. Note that there is a new Resource Reservation API in preparation, which may serve your purpose better than the Resource Pool API (which is considered rather difficult to use), but I don't know when the API's assets will be published.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.