TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Nominated Telephone Number

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 04, 2023 04:51

Hi,

In a VOIP over FTTP/SOGEA new acquisition or home-move or renumber scenario, when the customer wants to nominate a telephone number, do we have any TM forum Open APIs to validate the telephone number's states from various different aspects like - can be ported?, can be retained?, can be renumbered? & is compatible (ie. in area or out of area)?

If any APIs exists, can someone please point me to the direction?

Thanks in advance.

#CustomerExperience

------------------------------
    Srikar Babu Sriram
    CGI Info Systems Management Consulting Inc.

• 2.  RE: Nominated Telephone Number

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 05, 2023 06:48

Hi,
    to validate a telephone number by structure you may can have a look at standard E.164 and this implementation of google.

Tim Schmitz
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 3.  RE: Nominated Telephone Number

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 05, 2023 07:00

Hi Tim, I am not looking to validate the Telephone Numbers format. I am more of looking to understand if a customer is nominating that he wants to have a specific number in the quote journey, can we give this with some checks on various aspects like porting required, does the number retained by any other reseller, can it be used for a renumber order and is it within the zone compatibility? 

Are there any Open APIs to check these?

Tr, Srikar#

Srikar Babu Sriram

• 4.  RE: Nominated Telephone Number

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 05, 2023 07:07

Unfortunately I don't know any openapi for this purpose.

Tim Schmitz
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 5.  RE: Nominated Telephone Number

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 09, 2023 10:08

I'm afraid you're posting in the wrong community. this is a generic community about TM Forum organisation

phone number assignment, reservation porting etc have been supported by TM Forum for decades. You can get helps in a few ways:

1. go the the Open API confluence space and search terms like porting, MSISDN, phone number.
      I did a quick search and many results are returned, in 10 seconds later, I was already ready this API: "TMF698 Number Portability" but that alone is not enough.
    2. before looking at the API, you may want to understand how MSISDN, porting are modelled in the product domain. Luckily, that's been modelled and validated by TM Forum decades ago and you should look into GB922 - Product and search for term MSISDN, phone number. (also look at the Resource and Service guides in the GB922 collection of documents)
      ==> In a nutchell, it's a prodSpec manages MSISDN (where you define if customer wants to to provide their chosen number or request a porting).
      your question, Number porting or choosing a number are modelled in the Product ABE. see GB922 - Product. there are examples (search for "phone number" or MSISDN)
    3. Next, you can do a search in the Open API community (there are already existing discussion on this topic)
    4. Last, you can ask your question in the Open API community, where API experts are much more active that this community.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 6.  RE: Nominated Telephone Number

Posted May 08, 2023 00:33
    Edited by Dan d'Albuquerque May 08, 2023 00:35

Try looking at TMF645 Service Qualification Management Open API. 

Note: you may also want to look at TMF679 Product Offering Qualification Management depending on your specific use case.

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 7.  RE: Nominated Telephone Number

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 09, 2023 07:53

Thanks Dan; Will check both of them now. 

Tr, Srikar#

Srikar Babu Sriram