Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Open API for Sales Comission/Incentives

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 24, 2024 07:19

Hello Open APIs Community member,

Hope someone can share some light for the use cases/domain below:-

1. We overhaul out B2B direct and indirect sales/account management as part of B2B transformation, we are looking to integrate with different commission/incentives management system for internal sales and partners. Is there any Open API for this domain? We can't find any so far. The only sales related Open API is 699 Sales Management which manage Lead/Opportunity but not incentives.
    2. We are looking to modernize the incentives management to make it more configurable and adaptable to non-traditional channel e.g. social media. Is there any on-going work in how to manage incentives for internal direct sales force, dealer/partner as well as web, social media etc. Al
    3. Apart from 699 mentioned in 1 which is from prospect/customer perspective, is there any Open API which is more from sales party perspective such as in the sales pipeline/territory management, quota/target management. This domain links (1) and (2). 
    4. Lastly, is there any Open API in the marketing domain especially in B2B such as campaign management, event management, funnel management etc.

The context for above questions is B2B/enterprise/wholesale segment. It is not product/service specific.

Any comment or sharing is greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Steven Tandil
    NCS Pte Ltd

• 2.  RE: Open API for Sales Comission/Incentives

TM Forum Member
    Posted 25 days ago

Hi Steven

I'm not aware of any commission-related or other sales APIs being designed at the moment. My feeling is that the trigger for such APIs will come from the ODA project, where sales-related components have been identified but not specified yet.

TM Forum is a member-driven organization, and I'm sure that the Open API project or the various ODA workstreams will welcome contributions in this area from knowledgeable sources.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Open API for Sales Comission/Incentives

TM Forum Member
    Posted 24 days ago
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab 24 days ago

If by "incentive" you also consider "sales commissions", GB922 Market Sales has all the entities for sales commissions. Market Sales domain will have all the marketing-related entities.
    with these entities, you have a very good basis to design an TMF Compliant API.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 4.  RE: Open API for Sales Comission/Incentives

TM Forum Member
    Posted 5 days ago

Hi Matthieu, Jonathan

Sorry for late response.

We are working on the use cases/interfaces as part of the B2B transformation program. We are interested to contribute what we are doing as a baseline for TMF.

We will bring this up in the next TMF catch up for our timezone. Also, let me gauge the interest with our SLT and our vendor :)

Steven Tandil
    NCS Pte Ltd