Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Open API V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 08:49
    Hi,

I heard from the grapevine that a nordic CSP had hosted a special event last Monday in CHP, (before DTW)  to agree on a new OPEN API version (V5)

The Open API current announcements page and the Open API current news are mute on this information.

where can we find information about this new version in terms of benefits for CSP and vendors?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 2.  RE: Open API V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 09:50
    Hi Matthieu,

Some OpenAPI where indeed released in V5 but only in the Early adoption table
    I do not know if any benefits where published.

Koen Peeters
    OryxGateway

• 3.  RE: Open API V5

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 15:34
    Work on Open APIs v5 has been proceeding for a while now. The spec-jam mentioned by Matthieu represents a big step forward, in that Open API team members came together (in-person and remotely) to create and publish assets for the first tranche of APIs at v5.
    The most significant benefit would be the alignment with Swagger (now called OAS) v3. Additionally we have stronger checking that examples match the generated schema, we have examples embedded in the swagger/OAS files, and of course functional enhancements to the APIs.
    Watch this space for more APIs, there is another spec-jam scheduled for end of October where we can perhaps anticipate additional APIs being released at beta v5.
    Finally a warning, assets in beta publication are still subject to change, and use is at users own risk :) .

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.