Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  OpenAPI to Manage Resource stats

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

Hi all,

I have a component that stores stats from a specific resource in time, like number of online sessions in a network element, or the Tx/Rx powers.

I'm searching for an OpenAPI that fits. In ODA directory, I can see a component TMFC016- Resource Usage Management, but it is not specified yet. What would be your recommendation to publish an API for this kind of information?

Regards,

------------------------------
    Vítor Fernández
    Optare Solutions

• 2.  RE: OpenAPI to Manage Resource stats

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

You can look on TMF635 Usage Management API.

Sergei Lukin
    Deutsche Telekom (Tel-IT)

• 3.  RE: OpenAPI to Manage Resource stats

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

Thanks for your help Sergei,

I had seen the TMF635 Usage Management API, and evend searched in this Forum, and I came to the conclusion that this API is related to Product.

As Jonathan Goldberg said in another thread "The scope of the Usage API is (at least currently) to show and manage rated product usage." 

The Usage resource is linked to a Product. I have seen also in Preproduction Open APIs "Service Usage", which basically allows to reference a service.  I think we need an OpenAPI "Resource Usage".

Vítor Fernández
    Optare Solutions

• 4.  RE: OpenAPI to Manage Resource stats

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

Yes you a right: TMF 635 v4 is very focused on Product Usage, in v5 it will be even renamed as "Product Usage" (if I'm not wrong). And, in version 5 will be new API introduced 

"TMFXXX Resource Usage API v5.0.0", but the structure of new API will be very similar as TMF 635.

Sergey N Lukin
    Deutsche Telekom (Tel-IT)