Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Order ID reference in Party and Account Management API's

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

During implementation Party Management and Account Management API, we came across a possible use case storing and having scan capabilities on these entities based on Order ID under which this Party and account are getting created via Order orchestrator. Need valuable suggestions if this is an established practice or should be avoided

------------------------------
    sumit nanda
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: Order ID reference in Party and Account Management API's

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Hi Sumit

We often try to avoid bi-directional relationships in the Open API model, and also relationships from owning to dependent. Consider what happens, for example, if I model an explicit relationship from Customer to Order (or to Product). It means that every time I create an Order (or Product) for a customer, I need to update Customer as well, to update the list of owned Orders (or Products). Whereas if I only model the reverse relationship (from Order or Product to Customer), I don't need to make this.

Of course this doesn't prevent me from getting all the Orders (or Products) owned by the customer, it will be by a query ?relatedParty.ID=<customerID> - of course the persistence layer needs to be indexed to support such queries.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.