TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  OSS Fault Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 25, 2023 10:39
    Hi,

We have an old assurance application based on the OSS/J API standards for fault management as that time i think alarm model was not added in the SID model.  Is OSS/J CBE still applicable from tm forum point of view or is it deprecated and the new standard for API is the TMF642 Alarm management API guide.
    Also the alarm resource model is defined in the TMF642 guide now, so the old CBE and JSR144 based alarm model need not be used anymore.

Thanks
    Bhaskar
    #General

------------------------------
    Bhaskar SK
    Nokia

• 2.  RE: OSS Fault Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 26, 2023 02:19
    Hi Bhaskar,

Please note that in a way TMF642 is a descendent of the OSS/J API. The initial SID model containing the Alarm ABE was created by using OSS/J input among other sources, also aligning a previous version the Alarm Management API to OSS/J. Yet, as may happen in other cases, the data model of TMF642 progressed while the Alarm ABE did not change in the last years. My recommendation (as a vendor) is to go forward with TMF642, as it is much more recent and will also enjoy any future progress in TM Forum APIs.

Best Regards,
    Yuval Stein

Yuval Stein
    TEOCO Corporation

• 3.  RE: OSS Fault Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jan 26, 2023 09:20
    There is an effort to "back-fit" Open API advances into the SID, so eventually there is hope that the models can be aligned. Of course each such change needs champions ...​

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.