Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Payment Order ID in TMF676

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 04, 2024 02:57

Hi Guys, 

I was reading TMF676 guidelines to initialise the payment. After calling create payment API /payment. What is the attribute in the payment schema which denotes order ID which will be used by PG against that transaction. Once payment is made then it will be ID which can be used to know payment against that order.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Payment Order ID in TMF676

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 04, 2024 04:48

Hi Ajay

A Payment is a monetary transaction. The payment may cover multiple PaymentItems - where each payment item can (should?) refer to the specific entity for which payment was made. So in your example, payment.paymentItem[x].item would be an entity reference to the ProductOrder.

Hope it helps

------------------------------
    Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Payment Order ID in TMF676

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 05, 2024 00:52
    Edited by Ajay Saini Mar 05, 2024 00:52

Hello Jonathan,

payment.paymentItem[x].item reference will be at item level, As we are taking payment of whole order level so what is the attribute name for whole order in that schema that will be used by PG for that transaction ?

• 4.  RE: Payment Order ID in TMF676

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 05, 2024 07:23

It's completely up to you what references you supply to the payment gateway. It could be a concatenation of all the referred entities from each of the payment items, but I really have no knowledge on best practices in this area.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Payment Order ID in TMF676

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 08:04

Hi Ajay,

I would also very much support what Jonathan wrote that it is up to you what references you supply. This flexibility is needed because there are different payment scenarios and types where treatment of payment details and processing of them is different. For example if you interact with alternative payment methods such as paypal then you have a handshake where you usually provide order-id as reference to be able to process payment confirmation and withdrawal in our payment domain. In contrast to this there is the usual telco classic postpaid billing where billing engine determines based on customer account > billing accounts and charging events collected of what is processed in the bill cycle of a customer. The outcome of a bill cycle are open receivables in the billing system and payment files to be sent to the bank interface to collect the payment. If the payments come back through the bank interface then there is the need to distribute the payment results to the billing system in charge for the payment domain. Billing will close its open receivables and report revenue to GL. My experience is there are unfortunately many Billing systems in a system landscape and the most important reference in respect to payment domain is be able to route payments to respective billing systems. Therefore an order Id might not help in this scenario.

Again this is just to try to give you rational and practical example that "it is up to you" to design ans specify what references you need and make sense to you.

Best, Markus

Markus Schaeffer
    Telefonica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG

• 6.  RE: Payment Order ID in TMF676

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 05, 2024 12:09

Hello Ajay,

Please check if correlatorId in payment object could help you in this case. Probably you could save the orderid you sent from in the payment.correlatorId for backtracking the transaction. I hope it helps

Regards

Mahesh

Mahesh Lingappa
    Prodapt North America, Inc