Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Product Offering relationship

• 1.  Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 26, 2022 08:48
    In TMF620 , 

Product Offering to Product Offering relationship  ( 0.....*). but inside the Product Offering relationship ( i.e attributes )  there is no placeholder to declare the min & max cardinality relationship between two products. 

For Example, I have a simple product that relates to a License product (   according to the product model,  we can add/relate  2 instances of the license Product to the Simple product which is min 0 & max 2  ). The problem is I couldn't see the placeholder to update this in TMF 620.

below are the properties defined in the Product offering relationship. - FYR

@referredType
    Name
    Href
    id
    @baseType
    @schemaLocation
    @type
    relationshipType
    Role
    validFor

Please advise .

------------------------------
    Vinodkumar Rajaram
    BT Group plc

• 2.  RE: Product Offering relationship

Posted Jul 26, 2022 09:26
    Nice post, thank you.

Kenneth Vurke
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 3.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 26, 2022 09:33
    Hi Vinodkumar
    You already have the cardinalities for bundling offerings. In a planned update to TMF620 (in v4.2) we plan to introduce an additional bundling relationship class that will support group cardinality (e.g. choose a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 from a list of offerings).
    But I get the feeling from your query that you are looking for cardinality specifications for a non-bundling relationship. It would help if you could give a concrete business example (if you can manage without leaking BT's IP).

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 27, 2022 02:02
    Edited by Vinodkumar Rajaram Jul 27, 2022 02:40
    Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for your reply, 

Eg:-   Assume that Product A  is one  Product Offering and  Product B is another Product offering,    Product A is Related to Product B  via Product Offering Relationship, I need to set max 2 instances for Product B  ( i.e 2 Relationship is allowed )  if that's the case then in the Catalog where to set the cardinality as min 0 & max 2?

Thanks

Vinodkumar Rajaram
    BT Group plc

• 5.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 31, 2022 09:51
    Hi Vinodkumar
    If you can make the examples concrete (e.g. Product A is IPTV, and Product B is set-top-box STB) this would help more.
    Going with that example, and assuming that the STB is not part of the IPTV bundle, you are perhaps saying that I can offer the customer STBs as add-ons to the bundle. But even though the STB is not part of the bundle, you want to restrict the customer from purchasing more than two STBs, is this correct?

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 6.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 11, 2022 05:11
    yes you are right Jonathan!

if that's the case how to set max cardinality in Product Offering relationship

Vinodkumar Rajaram
    BT Group plc

• 7.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 11, 2022 11:23
    You'll have to extend the API, and perhaps we need to consider an optional enhancement in the standard.

Jonathan Goldberg

• 8.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 15, 2022 08:49
    Hi Jonathan,
    is there any place where we could have a look on the planned update to TMF620?
    We have implemented (as deviation from the current version, sorry) something similar and would like to check if we can switch to the upcoming version.
    Thank you,
    Lutz

Lutz Bettge
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 9.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 03:59
    I'm hoping that the v4.2 swagger will be published on the early access table soon, but I don't have a timeline yet. This will obviously not contain the enhancement discussed in this thread about the cardinality limitations on the relationship class, but you could copy the equivalent from the bundling entity.
    I tried to attach the diagram as a preview, but failed, sorry.

Jonathan Goldberg

• 10.  RE: Product Offering relationship

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 07:01
    Tip: If your rule is a commercial one, then go ahead and add cardinality attributes in the productOfferingRelationship, else I'd rather use "productSpecificationRelationship" so the cardinality rule can be authored one time for ALL product offerings that are based on the same prodSpec.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform