Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Product Offers with Quantity - Shopping cart management & Product Offer Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago

Hello,

I need to model tangible product offerings, e.g. WIFI Routers, which can be sold in multiple quantities on the sales channel.

How to model such a product offer, so that each instance of the WIFI Router can be uniquely identified on the sales channel? What is TM Forum recommendation to identify multiple instances of the product (under the productoffering) on the sales channel, shopping cart and Product Offer qualification.

------------------------------
    Rahul Bhatia
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 2.  RE: Product Offers with Quantity - Shopping cart management & Product Offer Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted yesterday

Hi Rahul

This thread might be of interest to you. https://engage.tmforum.org/discussion/quantity-in-productorderitem-in-tmf-622?ReturnUrl=%2fbrowse%2fallrecentposts

To summarize, if the product is serialized, trackable, and/or high value (mobile phones), you'll probably want to save the instances in the inventory, and each instance will be a separate entity (no need for quantity). If the product is low value (accessories, consumables), you'd use the quantity in the order, and you would not save the instances in the inventory.

For WiFi router, it's a judgment call - you need to consider business use cases that relate to the device after installation to decide whether or not to persist in the inventory.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Product Offers with Quantity - Shopping cart management & Product Offer Qualification

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 hours ago
    What do you mean by "instance"? This term immediately makes me think of product instances in the product inventory, specifically an instance of a product specification or product offering.

We sell bundled product offerings that also contain optional WiFi routers. However, these routers are not instances but simple product offerings.

The only time we consider the term "instance" is when a product order is submitted, and we eventually create product instances in the product inventory.

This process occurs in Order Management, not during pre-sales or order capture.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform