Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ProductCharacteristic is not linked to the corresponding ProductSpecCharacteristic when used with ProductRefOrValue

• 1.  ProductCharacteristic is not linked to the corresponding ProductSpecCharacteristic when used with ProductRefOrValue

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 22, 2022 08:42
    Hi,

We are trying to use the TMF679-  Product Offering Qualification Management API and part of the resource model the ProductRefOrValue resource is linked to a Characteristic resource (via productCharacteristic attribute, as see in the image below). The Characteristic has no link to the ProductSpecCharacteristic or at least I didn't see any way of accessing the ID of the ProductSpecChcracteristic. It would be important to have access to the corresponding ProductSpecChcracteristic by ID because the name is not a unique identifier of the PSC.
    Can we consider the 'id' of the PSC as being part of the Characteristic resource or the Characteristic resource should be linked to the ProductSpecCharacteristic? I want to have your view on this and check with you if there is any planned update on this?

Thank you,
    Calin

------------------------------
    Calin Mates
    Aplication Architect
    IBM Corporation

• 2.  RE: ProductCharacteristic is not linked to the corresponding ProductSpecCharacteristic when used with ProductRefOrValue

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 29, 2022 15:42
    Hi Calin
    The link between characteristic and characteristic spec is logical (not expressed by a specific link in the model) and is by the name attribute of these two entities.
    It is the responsibility of the implementer (e.g. in catalog) to ensure that name is locally unique within a given context.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.