TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 25, 2023 00:09

In SID  have ProductOfferingTerm, i guess similarly should have ProductTerm(instance of ProductOfferingTerm).
    can you please help me to understand is it missed in SID or do we have different option instead of productterm in SID?

#OpenDigitalArchitecture

------------------------------
    mahendar naik
    Capgemini

• 2.  RE: ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 28, 2023 11:37

An example (not the only one) where the Open API model has gone beyond the SID. Efforts are made to align between the two teams, but sometimes things fall between the cracks.

I'll try to bring to the attention of the SID focals.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

Posted Oct 03, 2023 17:09

From a modelling perspective, do we need a "Product term"?

The Instance is the Product Inventory and that is an instantiation of the PO and the associated entities underneath as per the configuration during the order.

Hence the PO term, if it was configured during the Quotation phase, would be there in the PI. And if one wants to view the PI details the API (637) is available. 

IN this particular case, are we referring to the interim period  from the time the Cart configuration happens and before the PI is active?

Sri-Jagadish (Jag) Baddukonda
    Bell Canada

• 4.  RE: ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 03, 2023 23:40

In Modeling we have a "Product Offering Term", then where(which place) does it get captured "Product Offering Term" in Product Inventory?

mahendar naik
    Capgemini

• 5.  RE: ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

Posted Oct 04, 2023 10:28

The PI is an instance.

If the PO term is modelled as a char with value against the PO, the PI will have this char with the actual value that was configured against the same PO.  However if you  are referring to modelling terms and conditions and not the PO term (tenure of the PO contract), then the PI is not the place to store this. It should go into the "Agreement / contract" (Assuming you have modelled contract / agreement as a separate entity with a relationship to the PO. 

Sri-Jagadish (Jag) Baddukonda
    Bell Canada

• 6.  RE: ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 04, 2023 11:32
    Screenshot2023-10-04
    Please find the TMF 620 resource model, The Product Offering Term is a highlighted entity also available in SID,
    in TMF 637 Resource model, Product Term is available but the same is not available. wants to know why its not available in SID.
    How ProductOffer/Product Term different then Agreement? Term captured in Agreement then what is the requirement for ProductOffer/Product Term?

mahendar naik
    Capgemini

• 7.  RE: ProductTerm not Exist in SID, only ProductOfferingTerm Exist

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 08, 2023 09:41

I've referred this query to the TMF SID team.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.