Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Query regarding TMF637

Posted Aug 29, 2022 08:37
    In Product Inventory Management API -
    a. `Quantity` is specified as a sub resource having fields - amount and unit
    b. the same quantity is referenced in `ProductTerm` sub-resource 

What confuses me is -
    ` ProductTerm` sub-resource has a field `duration` and description for `duration` is `A quantity (Quantity). Duration of the productTerm.`
    Here, how will I be able to reference the `Quantity` in ` ProductTerm` as `Quantity` is having information about `amount` and `unit`? Can you please elaborate? 

------------------------------
    Saurabh Joshi
    TIBCO Software Inc.

• 2.  RE: Query regarding TMF637

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 30, 2022 08:29
    Hi Saurabh
    I'm not sure I fully understand the issue. We have a number of compound data types in the Open API model (these are not sub-resources), such as Money, Duration, TimePeriod, Quanity, and more, to cover data type gaps in the JSON Schema standard.

In ProductTerm (and ProductOfferingTerm at catalog), if the commitment term is a length in time, we want to express the length of time by giving the amount and the units, hence the Duration type. For example; for a term of 2 years, the amount would be 2 and the units would be years.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.