Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Question regarding TMF639

Posted Aug 26, 2022 13:21
    Hello Guys
    I need to implement TMF639 to create resources, but doing the compare between the PDF document and Swagger from Github Site, there are missing some attributes.
    The document that I'm using is the TMF639 Version 4.0.1 and Swagger URL GitHub - tmforum-apis/TMF639_ResourceInventory: TM Forum Open APIs (Apache 2.0) Resource Inventory Management API

Document do mention to  activationFeature[] object that is not into swagger. Also into the document we don't have information regarding logical and physical resources and those element have extra fields into swagger document.

Could you provide me a guide on how to build this resource?

For example, if I need to work with the activationFeature[] entity.

------------------------------
    Yamileth Lombardo
    Cable & Wireless Panama

• 2.  RE: Question regarding TMF639

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 30, 2022 08:40
    Hi Yamileth
    I advise you, and any Open API user, to treat the Open API table as the source of truth, and not to go to the GitHub repository.
    The TMF639 swagger published on the Open API table does indeed have activationFeature.
    Regarding Logical and Physical resource, the document gives examples of how to create and get logical or physical resources.
    Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Question regarding TMF639

Posted Aug 30, 2022 12:54
    Hi Jonathan,
    That's means, according with the document and swagger file on Open Api table, that I just will have "resource" entity? 
    Fields like resourceVersion, powerState, serialNumber from physicalResource and value from logicalResource are like a optional entities depending the query?

How I do the reference to those from "resource" entity? 

I can't found those fields  and their description inside the document.

Yamileth Lombardo
    Cable & Wireless Panama

• 4.  RE: Question regarding TMF639

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 30, 2022 15:13
    You have LogicalResource and PhysicalResource in the swagger, no? The attribute descriptions are in the swagger.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Question regarding TMF639

TM Forum Member
    Posted Aug 31, 2022 01:44
    Best current practice is NOT to use the resource paths /logicalResource and /physicalResource as was documented in previous versions of TMF639. There should be one Collection with the path /resource containing any of the @type values Resource, LogicalResource, PhysicalResource and the other possible (polymorphic?) values (e.g. ResourceFunction, InstalledSoftware, Api, etc.)​

Vance Shipley
    SigScale