Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Quote Management pricing - TMF648

TM Forum Member
    Posted 21 days ago

Hi.

How to work with financial modeling in context of Quote Management?

There are elements quoteItemPrice and quoteItemPriceAlternation that hold pricing data (e.g. price amount). From my point of view:

1. Default price (fee) for each product is stored in Product Catalog
    2. Price of the quote item is "quote specific" and valid for current quote (could be different from the default price)
    3. Element quoteItemPrice stores the price, element quoteItemPriceAlternation stores data that affect quoteItemPrice.

Does the Quote Management include costs (e.g. network costs, CAPEX, ...) or is there any "Cost Management" ?  Does the Quote Management include financial calculations and results (revenue, payback, gross profit)?

------------------------------
    Jan Brnka
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: Quote Management pricing - TMF648

TM Forum Member
    Posted 21 days ago

Hi Jan

The whole area of Cost (and hence P&L) is not covered in the Open API at this time (I'm not sure what the situation is in the SID - information framework).

There was some work being done by a CSP on a separate Cost API, but I don't know what progress has been made at this time.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Quote Management pricing - TMF648

TM Forum Member
    Posted 18 days ago

Hi Jonathan. Thanks a lot for the information.

Based on that, I will have to think about how to store cost prices in quote. My first idea was to customize <quoteItem>  and extend by "cost price for this quote item" or "reference to a costing structure in some cost management DPS ".

What do you think about this solution? What is your experience with customizations in general?

Jan Brnka
    T-Mobile Czech & Slovak Telekom, a.s.