Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Refunds in TMF 622 Product Order Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 5 days ago

Hi all,

As part of change product orders, customer might want to return some items or downgrade his plan leading to some refunds being issued to the customer in context of the Change Product Order.

How does TMF 622 Product Order suite of APIs propose to handle refunds to the customer?

------------------------------
    Varun Pandhi
    Infosys

• 2.  RE: Refunds in TMF 622 Product Order Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 4 days ago
    Edited by Matthieu Hattab 4 days ago

Hi,

It doesn't. TMF 622 is about product ordering, which impact Profit & Loss.

monetary transactions (credit, payment, refund...) are Balance Sheet operation only (what TM Forum ODA calls "Party Financial Management activities")

you need a totally different API like TMF676, possibly 670.

EDIT: It is also advised to use the communities search engine. It will give a list of discussions that were already posted on that topic.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 3.  RE: Refunds in TMF 622 Product Order Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago

Thanks Matthieu

I think that Varun is wondering how the business process of product ordering cause payments and refunds to be initiated. I would say that this is part of the internal business logic of a Product Order Management system (or the corresponding ODA components). Based on the actual order data and the prices defined in the catalog, the OM system would need to collect payments and/or issue refunds.

Of course these would also need to be recorded as applied customer billing rates on the customer bill.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: Refunds in TMF 622 Product Order Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago
    Edited by Varun Pandhi 3 days ago

Thanks Matthieu and Jonathan for response.

Essentially to summarize we could use Refund resource defined in TMF 676 Payment Management API and associate it to an Account, but there is no means to know refund came about as part of which ProductOrder or ProductOrderItem. Am I correct?

Or is CorrelationId meant to satisfy this requirement wherein CorrelationId on Refund resource would hold TMF Id of ProductOrderItem due to which it was initiated?

Varun Pandhi
    Infosys

• 5.  RE: Refunds in TMF 622 Product Order Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago

I think that correlatorID is intended for a consumer to refer a refund or a payment to its own records (semantically I would have preferred to use ExternalIdentifier for this).

Payment has a list of PaymentItems, where each item has an entity reference to the entity that caused the payment item to be made (e.g. an order, a bill, etc.). However Refund does not have this corresponding list - we should consider adding it.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.