Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 06, 2024 05:00

Hello experts,

In the relatively new TMFS003 "Order Capture - Fiber Contract", it is identified that the SID does not support defining prerequisite relationships between CFS Specification and Resource Specification. Consequently, a respective JIRA ticket was created: [ISA-905] Add a relationship between CFS Spec and Resource Spec - TM Forum JIRA

However, there is no word about how this relationship is supposed to be reflected in corresponding CFS and Resource instances.

The obvious candidate would be "supportingResource", but it is explicitly specified for Services that "Note: only Service of type RFS can be associated with Resources."

I believe that such relationship (between CFS and Resource instances) is necessary as well. Incidentally, we have recently encountered this need in our work on Product-Service-Resource modelling.

Do you agree? Does anyone have a different view?

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 07, 2024 07:51

Hi Opher, I totally agree with you.

And I enriched the JIRA ticket I initiated, to be able to trace this type of catalogue relationship at inventory level. 

Thank you

Sylvie Demarest
    Orange

• 3.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 07, 2024 08:55

Hi Sylvie, thank you.

Best regards,

Opher Yaron
    Proximus SA

• 4.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 07, 2024 11:34

hey,

If I understand the SID correctly:

1. CFSSpec (know-how) requires at least one RFSSpec (technical solution)
    2. and of course the RFSSpec requires at least one RSpec

so you have an (indirect) relationship between CFSSpec and RSpec.

can you share your example of a CFSSpec that requires a RSpec without a RFSSpec "in the middle"?

Since you posted in the API community, do you want to see that CFSSpec -> RSpec relationship in the service catalogue API?

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 5.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 07, 2024 12:14

Hi Matthieu, you can have a look to the ODA use case TMFS008, especially the Service and Resource Catalog view : we described the example of a Mobile Line CFSspec, with its 4G and 5G RFSspec, plus a pre-requisite link to a SIM Card or an eSIM profile resource.

We express here that the SIM card is a functional pre-requisite to the Mobile Line. It is not part of the Mobile Line RFSspec, as it constitutes a dedicated product, that can be ordered or changed by the customer without asking a change at the Mobile Line product itself.

So if we add this relationship in the SID model, we will also need to be able to have it in the related API.

Hope it clarifies.

Sylvie Demarest
    Orange

• 6.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

Posted 4 days ago

Hi Sylvie

The latest update to TMFS008 - Service/Resource Catalog View for a Postpaid Mobile Line use case (3.1.0) has added a relationship directly between the eSIM product spec and the eSIM profile logical resource (see below).  In earlier versions of SID, this relationship was typically only for tangible goods.  I can see from the previous use case version 3.0.1 that the eSIM CFS has now been removed.  Will this change be reflected in SID (or has it already)?

Thanks

Dan d'Albuquerque
    Individual

• 7.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 08, 2024 04:10

My recollection is that CFSS can alternatively  point to Resource Factions. this was introduced to support logical resources as seen in Virtualisation such as NFV.   This is described in GB922 Resource v23.0.0 – TM Forum

I would need to look at the SID model to check the cardinality of the link between CFSS and RFSS so won't comment on that until I have checked

I do recall in teh SID Configuration ABE a suggestion that RFS should be replaced by confiuration adn profiles but this proposal has not been actioned as ther are legacy case wher RFS are the most suitable form of models

Dave Milham
    TM Forum, Chief Architect

• 8.  RE: Relationship between CFS and Resource

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 08, 2024 09:39

In addition to above, I have raised concern or use case about RFS to CFS relationship representation like in our use case for CFS we have created RFS specification using SID model and against RFS necessary logical connection/circuit has been created. Now in order to provide related resource reference in CFS or RFS as part of TMF 638 we do have supporting Service and supporting Resource to provide its service and resource relationship but in TMF 639 for given resource logical connection or CKT we don't have any entity to provide RFS service relationship so that using 639 also we can traverse to RFS service specification.

Just want to know view on these as well in addition to above use case.

Mahesh Choudhari
    BT Group plc