Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 11 days ago

Team TMF,

I have been writing a Rust library to interact with TMF APIs for my own purposes to make creating micro-services based on TMF APIs easier.

I would like to publish this on crates.io (Rusts library repository) but I'm concerned about any license or property rights.

Does anyone know if this is ok to do?

------------------------------
    Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 2.  RE: Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 days ago

If you are concerned about TM Forum intellectual property rights in the API signatures, it would be best to take it up with TMF management.

In general, TMF published assets (such as API swaggers, user guides, etc.) are freely available to member organizations and their employees. But I don't know if the terms allow wider circulation.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 days ago

Jonathan,

What's the best way to contact them?

Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 4.  RE: Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 days ago

I've sent an email to the relevant focals asking them to engage with this discussion.

Hope it'll help.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 days ago

Thanks Jonathan.

I've also emailed our local contact, lets see where we get to.

Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 6.  RE: Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 7 days ago
    Hi Ryan
    Just posting the official response from TM Forum Legal:
    Yes, you can publish a Rust library created to interact with a TM Forum API under the IPR Policy. The IPR Policy explicitly states that it "will not inhibit the traditional open and free access to the TM Forum Deliverables" and that members "agree that they will not assert any claims, demands, causes of action, suits, or proceedings" against the TM Forum. Additionally, the IPR Policy allows for the creation of derivative works as long as the copyright notice and references to the TM Forum are not removed. Finally, the IPR Policy provides instructions for applying the Apache 2.0 License to a TM Forum API Deliverable, which would allow for the publication of a Rust library.

The TM Forum IPR policy can be found here.  The Apache license can be found here.

Andy Tiller
    TM Forum

• 7.  RE: Rust Open Source Library

TM Forum Member
    Posted 3 days ago

Andy,

Thanks for the follow up in this forum. I'll follow up our internal processes now.

Ryan Ruckley
    Principal Architect
    SingTel Optus