Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Search based on resources (MSISDN)

• 1.  Search based on resources (MSISDN)

Posted Jun 22, 2022 09:49
    Hi,

One of common search option for care is using resources (MSISDN) to find Customer (or Party). 

But looking at current entities of TMF and relationships , I see it will require couple of APIs call to fetch such information.

Could you please explain how all of you implemented such searching? 
    OR
    Suggest what will be easiest option to achieve it ?

------------------------------
    Abhijeet Sharma
    Amdocs

• 2.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

Posted Feb 14, 2023 23:11
    Edited by Dan d'Albuquerque Feb 14, 2023 23:18

You could search on the MSISDN characteristic of the mobile line product using the TMF637 Product Inventory API.  Then use the expand query parameter to retrieve the relatedParty for the product user role.

Likewise you can do it from the LogicalResource publicIdentifier (MSISDN) and expand the relatedParty.  Depends on your implementation.

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 3.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 29, 2023 05:57

For creating assets on a CRM system(Owns Customer Profile and Assets), should we only use productinventory order for creating assets or also serviceinventory and resource inventory order?

If only productinventory than if we want to keep certain information of service or Resource such as Router type etc. which service will this come from?

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 4.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 02, 2023 12:19

Additionally to the suggestions already given here, you could use the MSISDN (or other telephone number) as a Contact Medium for the Customer/PartyRole. If so, the search is straight-forward.

You could also create a dedicated task operation to do the search/find caller - the snag is that this would use POST (to execute the task) rather than GET, which means you lose the ability to potentially benefit from HTTP caching (if your platform supports that).

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 05, 2023 01:34

Ok so tell me if we want to expose certain MSISDN level information, such as MSISDN went for incoming flag or other such MSISDN service level information, where should this information be exposed in product inventory object.

Secondly if we have multiple product offering on a single MSISDN(for example base pack, additional packs) than should we create multiple product.ID for every offering?

thirdly information which is on MSISDN(common for voice/sms/data/roaming services) than should it be exposed on each product.ID as it will cause duplicity across every instance

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 6.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

Posted Jul 05, 2023 04:19

Hi Ashish

If you really have characteristics of the MSISDN, such as portedIn, you can use an MSISDN logicalResource and add the necessary characteristics.

For main promotions and add-on packages, these should indeed be two products in the inventory with two different product.id.

The product specification for your mobile line, main promotion, add-on package (products) may share re-usable common characteristics with a dedicated id (rather than embedding characteristics in each product specification).  This is entirely up to your implementation of the products.

Warm regards

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 7.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 05, 2023 04:39
    Edited by Ashish Sharma Jul 06, 2023 09:29

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 8.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

Posted Jul 05, 2023 22:11

The TM Forum IG1228 ODA Use Cases document (use case 8) provides an example product/service/resource specification model for a mobile line product along with various add-on packages, including some physical user equipment.  See below...

The features/characteristics you seem to be referring to would typically be in the mobile line product/service specification/instances.

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 9.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 06, 2023 00:18

Thanks...this is a good reference.

1 query, where do we map the MSISDN and MSISDN service....as we need to provide the query on it, need to provide the status of service of this MSISDN instead of finding the status by identifying multiple product inventory instances.(product.status)

If we map to resource it will provide status of resource which cannot or rather should not tell status of MSISDN service

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 10.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

Posted Jul 06, 2023 02:39

Not sure I understand your question.

If you are referring to how to how to find the status of the mobile line product, this would be a query on the "mobile line" product in the product inventory.  The GET query parameter filter would specific https://server-root/tmf-api/productInventoryManagement/v5/product?productCharacteristic.name='number'&productCharacteristic.value='91123456789'

Dan d'Albuquerque
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 11.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

Posted Jul 13, 2023 13:45

HI i have an almost identical question as Ashish Sharma from Bharti above - let me paraphrase from my angle: what TMF API does the/a TMF Product domain call into the TMF Service domain in order to read/query the service status (and related subscription fields) of the Mobile Line "service entity" (orange box above) associated with the MSISDN in question? IG12228 doesnt cover this specific angle as i read it...

thoughts?

thanks in advance

Robert SMITH
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 12.  RE: Search based on resources (MSISDN)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 13, 2023 14:06

<rant>A terminology level-set. An API is a collection of operations. It's meaningless to talk about calling an API. You call (or invoke) operations (or methods) of the API</rant>

The service inventory API is TMF638, and the operation that would invoked to read a service would be GET (either by ID if you know the technical ID of the service, or by search if you have some other search criterion, e.g. the value of a characteristic.

The use cases in IG1228 don't cover all the possible interactions between ODA components, it will take a long time to reach complete coverage.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.