TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Service Lane from TAM should be a scope of BSS or OSS Domain

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 19, 2022 11:21
    We are deploying a new SOM (Service Ordering Management). Therefore, we started to design a high level architecture to drive our software architects. However, nowadays just some domains inside the service lane from TAM are scope of our OSS team, thus I would like to understand if that new component (SOM) should be managed by OSS team or BSS team as is today.
    #OpenDigitalArchitecture
    #General

------------------------------
    Caui Leal
    Telefonica Brasil S.A.

• 2.  RE: Service Lane from TAM should be a scope of BSS or OSS Domain

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 22, 2022 01:39
    Hi Caui
    The TAM has been very valuable as a means for looking at application architecture and functional responsibility.
    However, it is gradually being superseded by ODA, which is aiming to prescribe a functional software architecture in the telco space.
    In ODA, the Service (and Resource) functionality is firmly in the Production domain, which corresponds to traditional OSS.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Service Lane from TAM should be a scope of BSS or OSS Domain

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 23, 2022 09:24
    In addition to Jonathan's message, if you look at the ODF landing page, https://www.tmforum.org/opendigitalframework/,  and the diagram there, you will see that TAM has been moved to the Transformation Tools section of the library.  We see TAM now as a key tool to help service providers plan their move towards the target Open Digital Architecture you see on the left hand side of ODF.  in essence, TAM will help identify overlaps and gaps in the As Is and subsequently input into transformation plans data to help prioritize how and when systems are retired, transformed, replaced, etc.

Dave

Dave Riches
    TM Forum
    Janitor
    +44 774 811 8071
    driches@tmforum.org