Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  Service Place 360 ? (equivalent to Customer 360)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 22, 2022 04:54

Greeting Team,

Our company is offering wholesale L2 broadband services hence our centre focus of data is around service location rather than end customer. Currently we are in design stage for transformation of the integration in our customer order manager moving to Open APIs. We have a legacy integration operation which is basically a place 360: returns all the details about the product, inflight orders , customer premise equipment associated with a service location. This information is crucial for service providers in order to make the right choices about product offering and order types before submitting the order.

Looking at various Open API as TMF673 Geographical Place, TMF 637 Product Inventory , TMF679 Product Offering, TMF622 Product Ordering - all of these are entities focused and don't provide a consolidated view.

Does this raise a need for a Place 360 API (equivalent to Customer 360 ) which can orchestrate/consolidate a multitude of APIs underneath?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex Lark.

Principal Solution Architect

Chorus Limited New Zealand

------------------------------
    Alex Lark
    Chorus New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Service Place 360 ? (equivalent to Customer 360)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 06, 2024 15:10

Hello, good afternoon, did you receive an answer to your question? privately for example?

I am interested in knowing the answer if they gave it to you.

You can write to me at this account: maria.ramos palencia@telefonica.com

Maria Ramos
    TELEFONICA

• 3.  RE: Service Place 360 ? (equivalent to Customer 360)

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 07, 2024 08:06

I'm not aware of any moves to create such an API.

TMF is a member-driven organization, and if you collectively feel that there is justification for having a 360-view of Place, I recommend that you consider joining the Open API team and making a contribution :) .

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.