TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  Technology Road Map

Posted Mar 13, 2024 02:30

Hello Dears,

could you please share me your experience on your organization, which department performs tasks related

to try and buy, PoC and donation pilot projects for smart city, alternative power, smart campus, EV charger and others.

thanks in advance,

#General

------------------------------
    Micheal Tekei
    Ethio Telecom

• 2.  RE: Technology Road Map

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 13, 2024 15:43

Hi Michael

Can you provide some perspective and background for this rather wide-ranging enquiry.

Bear in mind that organizations may be reluctant to give you full answers due to concerns of leaking intellectual property. If you can make a good case for why you need the information and what you propose to do with it, potential repliers might be more receptive to your request.

Good luck.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: Technology Road Map

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 14, 2024 01:43

Presumably the CTO Office performs the sort of exploratory tasks you describe. The Telecom Ecosystem Group (TEG) has studied how telcos engage with vendors, and other stakeholders, which resulted in an ecosystem model report available here.

One conclusion which gained consensus with the participants of several colloquiums was that "free" PoC projects are detrimental to innovation ecosystem development. Please support startups by paying them modestly for their efforts to solve your problems.

Vance Shipley
    SigScale