TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  TMF-622 ProductOrdering

TM Forum Member
    Posted 5 days ago

Subject: Bypassing Cancel Product Order Creation in TMF-622

Hello TM Forum Community,

I have a query regarding the TMF-622 Product Ordering API and the process for cancelling product orders. Specifically, I am interested in understanding if it is possible to bypass the creation of a cancel product order object and directly cancel an order using the PATCH method.

Context:

In our current implementation, we follow the standard procedure of creating a cancel product order object to initiate the cancellation of an order. However, for efficiency reasons, we are exploring the possibility of simplifying this process.

Question:

Is it feasible to directly cancel a product order by using the PATCH product order method without first creating a cancel product order object? If so, what would be the recommended approach to implement this, and are there any potential impacts or best practices we should be aware of?

Your insights and guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Shoaib Yusuf H

#CustomerExperience

------------------------------
    Shoaib Yusuf Hubab
    Blueoceandigital India Pvt Ltd

• 2.  RE: TMF-622 ProductOrdering

TM Forum Member
    Posted 4 days ago

Hi Shoaib

There are advantages in having a dedicated operation for canceling an order, such as:

• Easier to control access (authorization) who is allowed to cancel an order
    • Can have dedicated error responses
    • Can build a process for cancelation

But if you insist, you can indeed patch the status directly.

Also note that task resources are not necessarily persisted, it's up to your implementation to decide if the POST actually creates a resource or simply executes the task synchronously

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.