TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 640 Monitor Listener query

Posted May 16, 2023 13:19

Hi All,

I want to know about  monitor event Listener : monitorCreateEvent, monitorAttributeValueChangeEvent, monitorStateChangeEvent & monitorDeleteEvent.

On which use case I will use these event in TMF 640 (serviceActivationandConfiguration).

Can you provide scenario example it would be a great help.

Thanks,
    Shivam

#General

------------------------------
    Shivam Chauhan
    Zensar

• 2.  RE: TMF 640 Monitor Listener query

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 17, 2023 07:47

Hi Shivam

The Monitor pattern was introduced a while back, specifically for Service and Resource Activations, recognizing that the operation of activating or configuring in the network is likely to take time (seconds, minutes?). So as not to block a consumer thread, the API implementation allows definition of a monitor, which will notify the consumer when the activation request (POST/PATCH) is complete.

It could be argued that this could be addressed in other ways, e.g. by events, or (in the future) by Async API.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF 640 Monitor Listener query

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 07, 2023 01:50

Hi Jonathan, 

can we use the monitor to query the previous activation or configuration that been done? 

Chio Chuan Ooi
    SingTel Optus

• 4.  RE: TMF 640 Monitor Listener query

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jul 09, 2023 04:41

Hi Chio

I don't think so, I would imagine that once the configuration/activation is complete the Monitor would disappear. However it does depend very strongly on the actual implementation of the API in the network itself (or in a software mediator).

You could interrogate the network directly (GET on Service/Resource in TMF640/TMF702), or the Inventory (TMF638/TMF639) to find the current state of a resource.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.