Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF-666 Account Management Billing Address association to BillingAccount

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 27, 2024 04:52

Hi Everyone,

As part of TMF-666 Account Management, I can see the Billing Address is associated to BillingAccount via Contact (BillingAccount -> Contact -> ContactMedium). However, for enterprise customers, we have cases where Billing address (aka Company Address) is not associated via a Contact rather its expected to be a direct association to  BillingAccount. 

Could you please suggest how BillingAddress is expected to be associated to a BillingAccount without via a contact?

------------------------------
    Daniel George
    Telstra Corporation

• 2.  RE: TMF-666 Account Management Billing Address association to BillingAccount

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 27, 2024 15:18

Hi Daniel

My feeling (as the current lead for this API) is that an address without a contact or a related party is a questionable practice. Specifically for the company address, you could take this from the contact medium on the related party of the billing account that represents the customer.

You can, of course, extend your implementation of the API to add an address directly on Account (or its subclasses), but I'd be reluctant to add this to the standards.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF-666 Account Management Billing Address association to BillingAccount

TM Forum Member
    Posted 30 days ago

Thanks Jonathan.

Does this mean that billing Adress can be associated to a Billing Account in 2 ways?

BillingAccount -> Contact -> ContactMedium

BillingAccount -> RelatedParty (Customer) -> ContactMedium

Daniel George
    Telstra Corporation

• 4.  RE: TMF-666 Account Management Billing Address association to BillingAccount

TM Forum Member
    Posted 30 days ago

Let's put it a different way. The model is flexible enough to allow you to decide how to proceed :) 

At least currently, the Open API did not explicitly define the concept "billing address". We can have a discussion about what the "billing address" concept means, and  importantly which is the owning entity. To my mind, billing address is definitely not owned by a billing account. It's a legal concept e.g. for taxation purposes, and is therefore owned by the top level of the organization (Party) or by the customer (PartyRole). And it's one of many addresses that may characterize a party or party role, so you would use the role property on RelatedPlace to specify that this is the legal address.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.