Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 666: Billing Account: Related Party : Name attribute

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 08, 2023 04:45

Hi, 

We are planning to enable TMF 666 : Billing account /Post Operation to create billing account . 
    While reviewing the swagger files , We noticed  both Id and name are mandatory for related party sub-resource of billing account.   We would need the identifier of the party to create the billing account. 

Kindly clarify the rationale/use case to keep the name mandatory in TMF 666 API.  

Regards

------------------------------
    Uma Maheswar
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 2.  RE: TMF 666: Billing Account: Related Party : Name attribute

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 08, 2023 15:14

Hi Uma

I would tend to agree with you that as input (i.e. when creating/updating a Billing Account) it doesn't make sense that RelatedParty.name would be mandatory. Only in output would we expect to receive a name for the related party. I've looked at RelatedParty schema and I don't see name there as mandatory, so it could be that this issue was already fixed for other APIs.

I suggest you remove the required constraint from RelatedParty.name for create and update operations.

I'm not sure if there is priority for fixing this in TMF v4 APIs, I need to consult with colleagues in the API team.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF 666: Billing Account: Related Party : Name attribute

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 09, 2023 02:06

Hi Jonathan . 

Many thanks for your quick feedback.  We will adapt the swagger files to make RelatedParty.name non-mandatory for create and update operations. 

Regards

Uma Maheswar
    Tata Consultancy Services

• 4.  RE: TMF 666: Billing Account: Related Party : Name attribute

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 16, 2023 09:26
    Edited by Jonathan Goldberg May 16, 2023 10:25

I looked into this further - the rules file for TMF666 (that we use to generate the API swagger) has name as mandatory for related party only in FinancialAccount, not in BillingAccount. However the result was that the RelatedParty schema was generated in the swagger file with name mandatory, so it becomes mandatory for all entities in the swagger that use it.

I'll open a defect request

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.