Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 26, 2024 13:06
    Edited by subhanshu shukla Feb 27, 2024 00:44

Hi All,

In TMF 696, we have model ProductOrderRiskAssessment, which actually tell risk during ordering process. Below is diagram for the same

My question here is it has reference to productOrder. But I want to check the risk in order validation phase, current API support productOrderRisk post order creation thats why it require productOrder reference to it.

How I can make this data model work for accessing risk during order validation phase.

Possible option I can see is replace ProductOrderRef by ProductOrderRefOrValue.

------------------------------
    subhanshu shukla
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 2.  RE: TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2024 10:45

Hi Subhansu

You can certainly extend the API to do RefOrValue. An alternative would be carry out the risk assessment on the configured shopping cart, if you work with shopping carts, before the order is created.

Yet another approach would be to create the order but not start the order delivery process. We've been agitating for enhancements to the standard order life cycle so that and order can be created/saved in draft status, and even saved with non-validated configuration. This has not yet been accepted, but you can certainly do that as an extension. 

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 05:43

Thanks Jonathan,

Can you share the SOP (Standard operating procedure) for contribution in risk API.

I would like to introduce ProductInventoryRiskAssessment along with modification of  ProductOrderRiskAssessment (making productOrder type os productOrderRefOrValue).

subhanshu shukla
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 4.  RE: TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 06:07

Ideally, if you were a member of the Open API collaborative project, you could open a JIRA with an improvement suggestion.

If you are not a member, I could open one on your behalf, although as the lead for this API I'm not a big supporter of adding the byValue. Like I said I'd prefer to be able to reference a created draft order. ProductOrderRefOrValue is a huge object, and in general we're trying to limit RefOrValue only to places where it really is necessary.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 5.  RE: TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 07:20
    Edited by subhanshu shukla Feb 29, 2024 07:20

How can I verify my membership in the Open API collaborative project? If you can create jira on my behalf would be great help.

It would be helpful if we could confirm the risk during the order validation phase by making it refOfValue. Additionally, creating a draft order would introduce extra steps, and cleanup would be required for those draft orders if we cannot address the risk associated with them.

subhanshu shukla
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 6.  RE: TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 29, 2024 07:48

You are not automatically a member. You need to ask to join, and the focal in your organization will need to approve.

You have the button JOIN THE PROJECT on this page: https://www.tmforum.org/open-api-project/

Jonathan Goldberg

• 7.  RE: TMF 696 Risk Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 01, 2024 01:44

Hi Jonathan,

I have joined open API project 

Could you please share further SOP for contribution, if there is any cookbook for same please share the link.

subhanshu shukla
    Bharti Airtel Ltd