Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF API for Bill fulfillment

Posted Oct 27, 2022 07:03
    Hi

In last 2-3 years, the topic of 'which API to be used for Bill fulfillment of orders' has been discussed few times. Here are couple of threads I'm adding here for reference where this has been discussed:
    1. Which TM Forum API can be used to Billing System
    2. TMF622 and Billing Order - who notifies Billing?

Then I believe there was a discussion of achieving the bill fulfillment using TMF 637 wherein Billing talks directly to the product inventory. Can't find a relevant link though.
    Can someone please confirm if there has been any further direction on this?

Hi @Jonathan Goldberg, @Ludovic Robert
    I'm tagging you here as I see you had some valuable suggestions in the above mentioned threads. Just checking if there's any update you might have on this. Please feel free to redirect to anyone else who you think might be able to help.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Mukesh​​

------------------------------
    Mukesh Kumar
    Oracle Corporation

• 2.  RE: TMF API for Bill fulfillment

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 27, 2022 10:28
    Hi Mukesh

I am not aware of any change in this at this time.
    The ODA position, I believe, is indeed that there should be no need for a billing (or charging) notification, since all that is needed is in the product inventory. @Sylvie Demarest might be able to expand on that. ​However, I'm not sure that this aligns with what vendors experience in billing and charging systems.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF API for Bill fulfillment

Posted Oct 31, 2022 05:15
    Edited by Mukesh Kumar Oct 31, 2022 05:18
    Thanks @Jonathan Goldberg
    Is there a proposal or potential architecture with TMF637 used for Bill fulfillment that has been discussed? Would be great if you can share that.

@Sylvie Demarest
    Could you please provide your valuable inputs here?

Regards
    ​​​

Mukesh Kumar
    Oracle Corporation

• 4.  RE: TMF API for Bill fulfillment

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 06, 2022 03:22
    Hi Mukesh
    In the absence of any dedicated API for a billing notification, TMF622 (Product Order) would appear to be the most relevant choice, since it has all the relevant information needed (including the prices and price alterations that might have been picked up as part of order capture).
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.