Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF620 - differnce between recurringChargePeriod/recurringChargePeriodLength and unitOfMeasure:amount/unit

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 05:26

Hi

I have a question regarding some conflicting attributes in the Product Offering Price for the Product Catalog.

With regards to TMF620 for the Product Offering - the 'POPCharge' object contains the following attributes:

• recurringChargePeriod (String) - The period type to repeat the application of the price could be month, week...
    • recurringChargePeriodLength (Integer) - the period of the recurring charge:  1, 2, ... .It sets to zero if it is not applicable

If I had a monthly charge then I would set recurringChargePeriod=1 & recurringChargePeriodLength=month.

The 'POPCharge' object also contains the 'unitOfMeasure' object (pointing to the schema location 'Quantity') that contains the following attributes:

• amount (float) - numeric value in a given unit
    • unit (string) - unit

In the example, in the TMF620 the example identifies the 'amount=1' & 'unit= Month'.

Would I be correct in assuming that although the recurringChargePeriod/recurringChargePeriodLength and unitOfMeasure:amount/unit are doing the same thing (in my given example), the intention was intended to be slightly different?

For example, although the charge is monthly; the unitOfMeasure, is attempting to measure something other than the recurring duration (monthly), such as the number of inclusive data Mbps I have included as part of this product offering. Is this a correct assumption?

Many thanks in advance

Pete

------------------------------
    Pete Bains
    Ultrafast Fibre Limited

• 2.  RE: TMF620 - differnce between recurringChargePeriod/recurringChargePeriodLength and unitOfMeasure:amount/unit

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 28, 2023 02:36

Hello Pete, 

I'm also currently working on this topic. My interpretation is that the unitofMeasure describes the unit for which a charge is valid. This way, you can describe prices for different units of a product. For example, one piece can cost 10 EUR and a package can cost 50 EUR. Piece and package are the units. 
    The "recurring" parameters are identical.

Best regards
    Marco.

Marco Kelterborn
    T-Systems International Services GmbH

• 3.  RE: TMF620 - differnce between recurringChargePeriod/recurringChargePeriodLength and unitOfMeasure:amount/unit

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 03, 2023 04:44

Hi Pete,
     I think the unit of measure is important in combination with the period parameters. If you want to order a product and it`s available in different packages ( piece, package(s), pallet -->or better in your example: KBit/s, MBit/s, GBit/s...).

KR

Matthias

Matthias Dinnes
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 4.  RE: TMF620 - differnce between recurringChargePeriod/recurringChargePeriodLength and unitOfMeasure:amount/unit

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 04, 2023 07:51

see https://engage.tmforum.org/discussion/tmf-637-how-to-present-value-of-allowance-price

so yes, the POP can also price a given allowance, like €7.99 for 40 GB of mobile data, or €1 for extra 5GB on top of the 40GB in case customer has exceeded their allowance/bucket.
    you also have several example of how to use price with allowance in GB922 - Product.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform