Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF620 - isUnique in ProductSpecificationCharacteristic

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 27, 2023 11:58

Hi,

What is the significance of the isUnique attribute in ProductSpecificationCharacteristic? In the spec version v4.1.0, it is written as 

A boolean. An indicator that specifies if a value is unique for the specification. Possible values are "unique while value is in effect" and "unique whether value is in effect or not". 

But I couldn't understand this? Can somebody clarify it little more detail.

Regards

Anil 

------------------------------
    Anilkumar Indrakanti
    Oracle Corporation

• 2.  RE: TMF620 - isUnique in ProductSpecificationCharacteristic

TM Forum Member
    Posted Feb 28, 2023 15:59

Hi Anilkumar

In v4.2 (not yet published) and v5 (published in beta) we clarified this, it now reads:

Specifies if the value of this characteristic is unique across all entities instantiated from the specification that uses this characteristc. For example, consider a ProductSpecification for a set-top box, with a CharacteristicSpecification cardID. Each set-top box must have a different value for cardID, so this isUnique attribute would be set to true for the characteristic.

In other words, isUnique can be used to say if the characteristic value acts as a primary key, as in my example for cardID

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF620 - isUnique in ProductSpecificationCharacteristic

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 02, 2023 01:18

Thank you Jonathan.

Regards

Anilkumar

Anilkumar Indrakanti
    Oracle Corporation