Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF620 Product Catalog Management v5.0.0 - relatedParty attribute in productOffering entity

• 1.  TMF620 Product Catalog Management v5.0.0 - relatedParty attribute in productOffering entity

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 19, 2022 09:02
    Hello Community,

Some resources in the product catalog have the relatedParty attribute, some do not.
    I think it would be helpful to add relatedParty in the ProductOffering resource. It will be helpful to import partner's catalog to our product portfolio and list their productOffers. I see some digital platforms need to link (to represent) their partner's non-telco products on their web portals. Or, as another example, more than one seller may offer a product for sale, as on amazon.com. If there are multiple sellers for the same productSpecification, we can keep this information in the ProductOffering.relatedParty with the role of 'seller' or 'partner'.

Is there any particular reason why the relatedParty attribute is not added to the ProductOffering in TMForum? Or is it just not needed?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Mustafa Yusufoglu
    i2i Systems

• 2.  RE: TMF620 Product Catalog Management v5.0.0 - relatedParty attribute in productOffering entity

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 19, 2022 09:51
    Hi Mustafa
    We have related party on product specification, where it could be argued that the need is stronger (e.g. I need to talk with someone about the technical definition of a product).
    But it's missing on the commercial entities PO and POPrice.
    You are perhaps aware of the Zero-Touch Partnership program, they have suggested various enhancements in APIs, but this was not one of them.
    Certainly worth a further discussion.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.