Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF620 | Product offer modelling for non-device variants

TM Forum Member
    Posted 23 days ago

Hi,

I want to be able define specification variants for non-device offers. For e.g.- I want to create a single offer for FTTH service and have multiple plans inside it like below-

1- Unlimited data with 100mbps speed

2- 100gb data with 100mbps speed

But for device offers each of the variants can be defined under SKU. SKU makes more sense for the devices. So under what category/ column the specification variants for the non-devices offers should be defined? So, that the same category/ column can suffice having device as well as non-device specifications.

------------------------------
    Lalit Modhave
    CSG Systems, Inc.

• 2.  RE: TMF620 | Product offer modelling for non-device variants

TM Forum Member
    Posted 22 days ago

Hi Lalit

You in any case need to create a product specification for FTTH, with characteristics speed and allowance data. Now you need to build product offerings that encapsulate the commercial aspects.

Consider the following options (there are additional possibilities):

• Create a single FTTH product offering, and allow the user to set the product characteristic values at ordering time. You will have multiple product offering prices, and the correct one will be selected using the characteristic values (ProdSpecCharValue). You'll need to apply business rules or similar to set the value of the SKU according to the value combination.
    • Create FTTH product offerings for each combination of the characteristic values. Each offering will restrict the characteristics of the product specification to specific values (ProdSpecCharUse), and will have a dedicated product offering price. And in the v5 TMF620 API we  have added offering-level characteristics so you can add a non-configurable SKU characteristic to hold the SKU for this combination.

We are working on an additional enhancement to TMF620 to allow parametrized (table-driven) pricing. When this is ready, this will give you an additional option to manage the combinations.

Hope it helps.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF620 | Product offer modelling for non-device variants

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been able to setup the product. I just have a query that for devices we can setup each specification variant under the column SKU in tables.

But similarly for non-device offers should we still configure the specification variants under SKU column only? Because SKU seems more relevant for the devices.

Or can we replace the SKU column naming in tables by something else which will make more sense for devices as well as non-devices?

Lalit Modhave
    CSG Systems, Inc.