Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF620 productOfferingPricing and action field

TM Forum Member
    Posted 23 days ago

In TM620 Product Catalog Management, for productOfferingPrice object, there is no "action" field.

We do find, from our experience, that almost all product offering prices benefit from having (PC configuration is highly simplified) defined action, for which this price is applied. Is there ongoing discussion on this topic, or how is this issue handled in other projects?

------------------------------
    Dragana Popovic
    ZIRA Ltd.

• 2.  RE: TMF620 productOfferingPricing and action field

TM Forum Member
    Posted 23 days ago

Hi Dragana

We don't see that adding or removing individual prices is a valid action in an ordering process. The prices are abstracted out by the product offering and the action taken on the instance as part of the order.

Can you give specific business use cases (real examples) as to why you need an action on the price.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF620 productOfferingPricing and action field

TM Forum Member
    Posted 23 days ago

I neve heard of "action" at a price entity level before. Very curious to hear what that is.

A couple of examples would be great.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform

• 4.  RE: TMF620 productOfferingPricing and action field

TM Forum Member
    Posted 19 days ago

When I say "action" on price level, it is not meant as "price action". It is meant as offer action.

Here is an example:

• lets assume we have one offer called "Premium support". It is an optional offer, a customer can buy it (activate) or deactivate whenever. 
    • in product catalog, for this offer Premium support we have 2 "allowed actions" defined: "add" and "delete"
    • business rule says that Premium support has for example monthly recurring charge of 5€, and one time termination charge of 3€
    • so, when activation scenario, on Premium support we have in order "add" action. But we want to specify that in this case MRC 5€ needs to be applied. So on price level, we say for action "add", MRC 5€ is applied. 
    • when termination scenario, on Premium support we have in order "delete" action. And in this case, on price level, we want to say: for action "delete", OTC 3€ is applied. 

Idea is that we have pricing rule that determines for which "offer action" this price is applied. 

Hope this explains the need

Regards

Dragana Popovic
    ZIRA Ltd.

• 5.  RE: TMF620 productOfferingPricing and action field

TM Forum Member
    Posted 15 days ago

Hello,

That's not supported by TMF620 but it is by TMF Information Framework.

If you wish to customize the TMF620 API, I suggest following the SID recommendation and using the AllowedProductAction entity instead of an action field. GB922 Product provides details on this entity.

look into GB922 Product and find chapter "Figure Pr.11 - Types of Product Offering Price Charges":

· One Time Charge – A one-time charge is levied once. An example is the cost of a cell phone handset or installation fee (FeeProdOfferingPrice valuing an AllowedProductAction).

There some alternatives in TMF620 such pas product term, policy, using dummy products that only represent a charge, not a CFS or RFS...

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Hattab
    Lyse Platform