Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF622 Modify Product Order Payload attributes

TM Forum Member
    Posted 27 days ago

Greetings everyone! 

As we move forward with implementing TMF622 Product Order payloads to modify provisioned services, we seek clarification: 

• should _all_ product characteristics should be supplied into the provider system OR
    • only the _changed product characteristics_ 

Our aim is to adhere to best practices in this process. Any guidance or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

cc: @Ryan Ruckley, @Steven Tandil

Regards,

------------------------------
    Anuraag Gupta
    SingTel Optus

• 2.  RE: TMF622 Modify Product Order Payload attributes

TM Forum Member
    Posted 24 days ago

Hi

I think TMF doesn't enforce a rule for this. The TMF622 API let possible the 2 choices.

olivier arnaud
    Orange

• 3.  RE: TMF622 Modify Product Order Payload attributes

TM Forum Member
    Posted 22 days ago

Thanks Olivier, I was going to answer but you got there first!!!

To be more specific, to the best of my understanding, TM Forum has not taken a position on a best practice for the content of MACD orders, whether Product, Service, or Resource.

This is understandable since it depends on the capabilities of the API provider. Some providers will need the entire existing configuration, while others will need only the difference.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: TMF622 Modify Product Order Payload attributes

TM Forum Member
    Posted 20 days ago

Just to recheck, are you going to send "changed product characteristics" as a part of ProductOrder.ProductOrderItem.product ?

Sergei

Sergey N Lukin
    Deutsche Telekom (Tel-IT)

• 5.  RE: TMF622 Modify Product Order Payload attributes

TM Forum Member
    Posted 18 days ago

Thanks for your insights, @Jonathan Goldberg, @olivier arnaud!

As it depends on the capability of the provider, it also implies that the consumers of these APIs need to align to support both methods (changed and full payload). 

@Sergei Lukin - As it happens, in our IT stack we have two provider SOMs supporting different methods. I am assessing with the consumer to support both methods. 

Anuraag Gupta
    SingTel Optus