Open APIs

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMF622 - Product Order Item Status - Need for status change reason ( code & description ) on item level

• 1.  TMF622 - Product Order Item Status - Need for status change reason ( code & description ) on item level

TM Forum Member
    Posted 4 days ago

For one project we need to be able provide the consumer the reason (code, description) back for a product order item state change.
    This is not really an error but I see that 'errorMessage' is used for explaining the reason.

I see that in the v5 service ordering, in the POST /listener/ProductOrderStateChangeEvent we have an errorMessage (ServiceOrderMessage class) on the serviceOrderItem, however on the productOrderStateChangeEvent we don't have it on the productOrderItem (there we don't have the productOrderError).

Maybe it was a delta that was still detected for v5 service ordering which is still pre-production while v5 product ordering was already released to production.

Do you agree we should also add it - like on serviceOrderItem, not only on productOrder where it is present, but also on the productOrderItem?

By the way, is there a reason that we don't simply call it errorMessage from class productOrderMessage like in the service order (but rather prefix it with productOrder)? 

------------------------------
    Peter Broucke
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: TMF622 - Product Order Item Status - Need for status change reason ( code & description ) on item level

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Thanks Peter for this feedback

I've passed it on to the lead for the Product Order API and to a few other interested parties. I didn't open a formal change request at this time.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.