Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF622_ProductOrdering, Applied Payment Amount of ProductOrderItem is missing

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 22, 2022 13:58
    Hi Team,

A down payment is collected from the customer for a product with a high price. I would like your comments on the case regarding the transfer of the amount paid for the product to billing system by using TMF622_ProductOrdering.

Case:
    When the product order (with TMF622) is issued, Down Payment (a certain amount of payment) is required for devices with high prices. The amount to be paid is calculated dynamically, taking into account the customer's credit profile/score. Payments are created by TMF676 and they are syncronized with billing system via Event pub/sub mechanizm (TMF688). It is not possible to keep the relationship of how much is paid for which product when the order is received to the billing system.
    Since Down Payment mostly applied to instalment products.
    I need to know how much is paid per products in order to calculate the montly installment fee based on unpaid remaing amount.
    And, I also need to show incoming downpayment amounts on an item basis in the invoice PDF layout.

There is only PaymentRef on ProductOrderItem. However, shouldn't the applied amount be on Order Item as shown below? If there is a payment on an item, I think it would be mandatory to known how much the applied amount is. Othervise PaymentRef relationship loose its functionalty.

* This figure copied from CustomerBill

------------------------------
    Mustafa Yusufoglu
    i2i Systems

• 2.  RE: TMF622_ProductOrdering, Applied Payment Amount of ProductOrderItem is missing

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 25, 2022 04:04
    Hi Mustafa
    The Payment entity includes an overall amount, together with PaymentItems, that have amounts and related entities. So using the PaymentRef and expanding into its items it you should be able to see how much was paid - it is possible that a single payment can cover multiple items in an order.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF622_ProductOrdering, Applied Payment Amount of ProductOrderItem is missing

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 26, 2022 05:26
    Hi Jonathan,

Payments from BSS come to Billing system before ProductOrder. Product instances are created after ProductOrder received by billing domain through OM (Order Manager).
    For this reason, although it is not possible/easy for the legacy system to refer payment item to a product, but, you have made a good point.
    We will focus a little more on PaymentItem.

ProductOrderItem itself is not a managable resource, but product entity is a managable resource. Thus, It's technically possible for the product to be referenced to the payment item, but I doubt it's actually possible. It is easier to carry the applied payment amount through ProductOrder. We need to investigate a little more.

PaymentItem -> EntityRef is a good point, thank you!

Mustafa Yusufoglu
    i2i Systems

• 4.  RE: TMF622_ProductOrdering, Applied Payment Amount of ProductOrderItem is missing

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 26, 2022 05:46
    Hi Mustafa

In terms of information flows, if payments are being made as part of an order capture flow, then the ordering system itself would be the candidate for determining how much each down-payment should be, and populating the Payment and Payment Items accordingly, including links to the order items.

Payment is an entity whose ownership can be considered to be fluid; for order payments it might initially be "owned" and "managed" by an order capture system, and later on by a billing or AR system. And there could also be a payment gateway/payment processor that will want its share of ownership :) .

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.