Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF622 - Related Product Order Item

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 31, 2022 12:29
    Hi,

Can someone explain how the "relatedProductOrderItem" that is under a product is supposed to be used? The hierarchy isn't making sense to me.

ProductOrderItem
         product
             RelatedProductOrderItem

thanks
    Lynn

------------------------------
    Lynn Dueck
    Oracle Corporation

• 2.  RE: TMF622 - Related Product Order Item

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 01, 2022 09:45
    Hi Lynn,

The relatedProductOrderItem is intended to provide the 'relationships' between different Order Items. In the example - it uses 'bundles' as a relationship type, but in effect it can also reflect things like 'dependencies'. It is intended to let Product Order Management know that these items belong in a group. The POM might then use this as a grouping mechanism (for billing notification e.g) or use it to 'order' the delivery to the Service Order Management system (on the basis of dependencies).

Pieter Eksteen
    Ciena Corporation

• 3.  RE: TMF622 - Related Product Order Item

TM Forum Member
    Posted Jun 01, 2022 10:51
    Hi Lynn
    RelatedProductOrderItem is an array attribute of Product, representing order items that are "of interest" to the Product. Examples:
    • The product order item that "gave birth" (so to speak) to the product
    • A product order item that is pending on the product
    Since the Product schema is included in ProductOrder (by Ref or Value) - that's why the related ProductOrderItem is "dragged in" to the product order schema

Hope it helps

<rant>
    There is a general problem in Open API schemas (and hence the generated swaggers), that in many cases the "description" part of the property/attribute is missing in the case that $ref is used for the attribute data type. Nominally this omission is due to JSON schema (and Swagger) ignoring any other bits if $ref is used (presumably because they rely on the description in the $ref type). I personally think that this is a defect in JSON schema and Swagger/OAS, since the description of the attribute in the context of the containing entity may be different from the description in the referred data type, and in data types that I have built I do supply "description" for such attributes.
    </rant>

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.