Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Hello,

Please can I have a view if TMF 622 provides any attribute for identification of the order type and further if so, does it cover type as well as sub-type? E.G. a Modify Order can have a sub type like Renumber, Add new service, etc.

Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Amit M Joshi

------------------------------
    Amit Joshi
    Hansen Technologies

• 2.  RE: TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Hi Amit

An Order is a container of Order Items. So the Order itself doesn't have a type, since (at least in principle) the contained order items will be doing different things. The same order might have an item for disconnecting a line and another item for modifying a line.

At Order Item level there is a nominal type explaining what the action is on the product/service/resource, these types currently tend to be technical (add/change/delete) rather than business (renumber, etc.).

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Hi @Amit Joshi

when I look at SID I can't find any type defined. The Product Order holds an action on a Product (that is an implementation of a ProductOffering or a ProductSpecification). Usually the actions are add (to create the product -> Customer owns the Product), modify (to modify the Product), delete (for asking Customer doesn't own Product). On add and modify actions there can be Product characteristics valued, that permits to know what has to be done. So for me Renumber could be a modify with new characteristic value, and add new service a modify main offer + add bundled offer inside.

Also @Jonathan Goldberg I don't think there should be any action on service or resource on a ProductOrder. We have Service Order and Resource Order for this. What do you think about this ?

olivier arnaud
    Orange

• 4.  RE: TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 2 days ago

Thanks Oliver, so does this mean - we will have a LoV of possible order actions for a given product as PS Characteristic (for now, lets call it 'Product Sub-action') and the same can be dependent on order action value - so if action = modify, then values for sub-action can be say modify, delete, etc but not 'new provide'.

Out of curiosity - can we not add an additional attribute at OrderItem level to hold this information? I understand this may involve a change to SID model.

@Jonathan - In many business implementations, we have seen that there is an order type - like provide, modify, cease, etc as the order container is generally specific to the business scenario and not open or generic use. How would we support such scenarios? Can we add type at ProductOrder level as extension to the SID model?

Kindly let me know your views.

Regards,

Amit M Joshi

Amit Joshi
    Hansen Technologies

• 5.  RE: TMF622

TM Forum Member
    Posted 23 hours ago

It's always possible to extend a TMF schema with polymorphism.

As a Product is characterised by characteristics and their values, I just see 3 cases :

• action add on the product (at orderItem) (with subtility that product doesn't exist yet but it will) the characteristics are valued with the values provided during configuration for example
    • action modify on the product : the characteristics are valued with the new values of the product (the values that the Customer has asked to be changed -> they can be replaced, deleted, or added).
    • action delete on the product : no need for characteristic, the product will be archived and no more owned by the Customer

Here I'm at ProductSpecification level.

Now if we are at ProductOffering level, maybe I understand your point, you way want to precise the commerciel operation in order put a price on an operation ? For instance Renumber is not the same price as ChangeBanwidth ? If so then maybe we can use the allowedProductAction for this also (at ProductOffering level) ?

I created a JIRA on SID to ask for clarification on this topic : https://projects.tmforum.org/jira/browse/ISA-1072

olivier arnaud
    Orange