Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF632 and TMF669, Added Roles to Parties

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 26, 2022 21:28
    Problem Statement
    So we're pushing out a new feature to manage customer roles. I can create records for individuals via TMF632 Party Management and I can create roles for the same via TMF669 Party Role Management. 

Should I be using TMF669 User Roles and Permissions to add the roles to the individuals? It seems like this specification hasn't been updated in some time and I was uncertain if this was current or there's a different way of achieving this result. 

Use Case
    We're developing a self-service module to allow certain individuals within our customer base to manage their own set of users and corresponding authorisation via assignment of roles.

------------------------------
    Ryan Ruckley
    Enterprise Architect
    SingTel Optus

• 2.  RE: TMF632 and TMF669, Added Roles to Parties

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 29, 2022 03:11
    Hi Ryan

User Roles and Permissions, despite the title, is not intended for assigning Party Roles - the API is strictly confined to dealing with permissions, authorization, and security roles.
    So, if security is what you are doing, then User Roles and Permissions is for you. We have a refresh of this API in the works, to make it more suitable for RBAC and ABAC semantics, but we're not sure yet if the new work will be released only as a v5 API or also as part of v4.x.

Watch this space.

As you probably figured out already, to represent a party (individual) playing a party role, you should set the partyRole.engagedParty to point to the party (indivdual).

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF632 and TMF669, Added Roles to Parties

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 30, 2022 04:31
    We did get a contribution form BT on this kind of situation where it is not obvious how to organise storage of customer credentials 
    see

IG1264 Best Practice: Secure Customer Control of CSP Services v1.0.0

Dave Milham
    TM Forum, Chief Architect