Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF633 - characteristics value relation to another characteristics

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 30, 2022 14:43
    Hi All,

I am looking for examples related to TMF633 API matching to below use case. I could see characteristics to characteristics relationship but not based on Values been chosen on the characteristics. looking for support to see how to get it enabled. 

1. display of characteristics based on characteristicsvalue chosen. 

Regards
    Prabhakar

------------------------------
    Prabhakar Sekar
    Telia Company

• 2.  RE: TMF633 - characteristics value relation to another characteristics

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 07, 2022 03:02
    Hi Prabhakar

Firstly it seems to me that your query is more in the product domain than the service domain, so TMF620 (product catalog).
    In general you are correct, the Open API model does not have (yet) a relationship between characteristic values.
    But we could question the approach as to whether the catalog is the right place to deal with UI/UX issues. It could be argued that this is better done in a content or display management system.
    Interesting to hear what other people in the community have to say about this.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF633 - characteristics value relation to another characteristics

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 07, 2022 12:16
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your update.

Let's consider TMF620 as well, Overall before handling in UI/UX layer somehow the characteristics value relationship to other characteristics is not able to expose in the API. Before engagement domain manages this, I see product domain need to represent the model (value relationship on specific characteristics) so that UI layer bring it effectively. if not this relation mapping rules reside more than one domain.

Thanks 
    Prabhakar

Prabhakar Sekar
    Telia Company

• 4.  RE: TMF633 - characteristics value relation to another characteristics

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 08, 2022 08:53
    I agree with @Jonathan Goldberg that we should keep the demarcation between the model and the presentation layers ​and let each layer solve its own problems. I understand that there could be model level dependencies that you may want to enforce as well. 

In your example above, you may want to consider adding a Feature in the model called deliverySupport that has characteristics called contactNumber and contactName if that helps addressing your problem

Kinshuk Kulshreshtha
    Oracle Corporation

My views posted on this forum are personal, and do not reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.