TM Forum Community

View Only
  • 1.  TMF633 Service Catalog

Posted 10 days ago

Q1: I have a situation where I have 2 levels of Service Catalog it means that there will be one parent Service Catalog consisting of many inner Service Catalog and each inner Service Catalog  will have an actual Service name. Actual Service details and characteristics will use TMF638 

Q2: The current version for TMF633 is 4, and anytime soon, are we expecting a release of version 5.0.0? because the majority of other specs have been upgrade to version 5.0.0

#OpenDigitalArchitecture

------------------------------
    Keshav jha
    Cisco Systems

• 2.  RE: TMF633 Service Catalog

TM Forum Member
    Posted 8 days ago

Hi Keshav

1. I'm not quite sure what you mean by multiple levels of service catalog. Service catalog is basically a container for exposing service specifications. So you can have multiple catalogs, each catalog exposing a different subset of your service specifications. All of this is part of TMF633 service catalog API. TMF638 is the service inventory, where, as you say, the details of instantiated services and characteristic values are managed.

2. I don't have visibility on the availability on specific v5 APIs - it would be nice to believe that another tranche could be announced around DTW in June 2024 but I don't know if there are such plans.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.