Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF634 valueType in CharacteristicSpecification and CharacteristicValueSpecification

TM Forum Member
    Posted 13 days ago

Hi All,

could you please share, what is the difference between valueType property in CharacteristicSpecification and in CharacteristicValueSpecification, see picture.

They both have the same description: "A String. A kind of value that the characteristic value can take on, such as numeric, text and so forth."

------------------------------
    Anna Berdnikova
    Deutsche Telekom AG

• 2.  RE: TMF634 valueType in CharacteristicSpecification and CharacteristicValueSpecification

TM Forum Member
    Posted 10 days ago

Hi Anna

Thanks for the question.

At least in principle, the valueType should be the same in both of these sub-entities. It probably doesn't make sense that a characteristic spec defined as "number" could have a list of valid values with different types, e.g. "string".

However the model allows for maximum flexibility, I suppose just in case that there is a use case where the values are specified in one way and the base characteristic is specified in a different way.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF634 valueType in CharacteristicSpecification and CharacteristicValueSpecification

TM Forum Member
    Posted 6 days ago

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the reply. I can't imagine the proper use case, but let it be 😊

Anna Berdnikova
    Deutsche Telekom AG