Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF637 Product Inventory management

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 30, 2022 23:20
    I am working on TMF637 Product Inventory management system in that I need to relate the entities of  software product so I need to capture information such subscription details, plan types etc...
    And also incase of hardware products I need to manage number of products in spare and products under repair . Is there is any other domain which covers all of these ?

------------------------------
    Ragavi Ramasamy
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: TMF637 Product Inventory management

Posted May 31, 2022 04:25
    Have a read of this link, it defines the standard approach to assets

Brian Kelly
    NEOS NETWORKS

• 3.  RE: TMF637 Product Inventory management

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 31, 2022 04:46
    Hi Ragavi

Some clarifications might be useful here:
    • Product Inventory (TMF637) stores instances of products that have been assigned to customers (or perhaps to other party roles). You would not store your stock details in the product inventory
    • You could use a Resource Inventory (TMF639) to manage various network and tangible resources, including stock. But recently we released a new(-ish) API dedicated to stock management, TMF687
    Bear in mind that the inventory APIs are driven/controlled/backed by the corresponding catalog APIs, where you create specifications (templates if you like) for the inventory items.

Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 4.  RE: TMF637 Product Inventory management

TM Forum Member
    Posted May 31, 2022 04:54
    Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for suggesting me an alternative solution to solve the problem . This would definitely help me

Ragavi Ramasamy
    TO BE VERIFIED