Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF638 Service Inventory Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Sep 15, 2022 03:24
    Hello,

The properties in TMF638 Service Inventory Management and TMF639 Resource Inventory Management are connected by their serial numbers. What connections exist between TMF638 Service Inventory Management and TMF637 Product Inventory Management?

Regards,
    Ragavi R
    Halleyx

------------------------------
    Ragavi Ramasamy
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 2.  RE: TMF638 Service Inventory Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 02, 2022 09:15
    Hi Ragavi
    The inventory models point downstream. So in Product Inventory (TMF637) we see that Product has references to realizing services (in TMF638) and realizing resources (in TMF639). Similarly in Service Inventory (TMF638) we see that Service has references to realizing resources (in TMF639). These are strong, foreign key references. I'm not sure what you mean by serial number, since not all entities will have a serial number populated.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF638 Service Inventory Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Oct 02, 2022 23:26
    Hello Jonathan

Thank you so much for the response .I intended to say serial number as product serial number.To manage the order amendment, I will use the inventory.

Ragavi Ramasamy
    TO BE VERIFIED

• 4.  RE: TMF638 Service Inventory Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 07, 2023 06:41

Hello Jonathan,

Just confirming on your above statement, realizing service.ID or realizing resource.ID in product inventory point out to Service inventory ID or resource inventory ID.

In such case we have to either create service/resource inventory and associate to party/customer prior to creating product inventory

or

patch product inventory later.(it seems this is correct as per TMF use case)

Is above understanding correct?

Ashish Sharma
    Bharti Airtel Ltd

• 5.  RE: TMF638 Service Inventory Management

TM Forum Member
    Posted Dec 10, 2023 02:43

Hi Ashish

Either approach is acceptable, it very much depends on how you want to run your BSS and OSS business - more specifically, how soon do you want to create service/resource instances during the ordering process.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.