Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF639 allowed HTTP method

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 11, 2022 10:24
    Hello,
    TMF639 allowed "PUT" HTTP method ?
    If yes, please share the TMF documentation where describe about the same.
    Thanks

------------------------------
    Best Regards,
    Ashok Hathal

• 2.  RE: TMF639 allowed HTTP method

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 13, 2022 02:14
    Hi Ashok
    Although PUT is a valid HTTP and REST verb, we have more-or-less discontinued its use in the Open API design. PATCH gives you all that PUT gives you, with much more flexibility.
    Of course, if you feel that PUT is a must in your business flows you can extend the API definitions in your implementation to add PUT.
    Hope it helps

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.

• 3.  RE: TMF639 allowed HTTP method

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 14, 2022 09:34
    Hi Jonathan,

I am looking for TMF639 request/response for PATCH  to update "OperationalState": "enable".

Regards,
    Shivam

Shivam Shukla
    Tech Mahindra Limited

• 4.  RE: TMF639 allowed HTTP method

TM Forum Member
    Posted Nov 15, 2022 08:42
    The PATCH operation is in general prescribed in the published swagger file for TMF639. A PATCH example should be available in the user guide.
    Note that in v4 APIs the examples and swaggers generally use PATCH Merge semantics, even though JSON PATCH is a more accurate means of making updates.
    In v5 APIs we have improved tooling and procedures that allows us to generate swaggers (OAS) with JSON PATCH.

Jonathan Goldberg
    Amdocs Management Limited
    Any opinions and statements made by me on this forum are purely personal, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the TM Forum or my employer.