Open APIs

View Only
  • 1.  TMF640 Service Activation and Configuration - GET /service by id response

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 21, 2023 10:39

Hi Team,

We want to implement Get /service by Id of TMF640 API but while preparing the response we have to integrate the responses from two or three downstream applications. Among those downstream application one application provides the response in asynchronous way. In such a situation we cannot give complete response of Get /service by Id in synchronous way to the requester.

Can someone suggest how asynchronous Get service by Id can be achieved in TMF640 if that is possible?

------------------------------
    Anita Rawat
    Proximus SA

• 2.  RE: TMF640 Service Activation and Configuration - GET /service by id response

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 22, 2023 14:44

Hi Anita,

What is your use case of implementing TMF640. Are you trying to retrieve what has been configured in the network as part of Service Activation or you are trying to calculate what needs to be sent to the network for service activation.

Kinshuk Kulshreshtha
    Oracle Corporation

My views posted on this forum are personal, and do not reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.

• 3.  RE: TMF640 Service Activation and Configuration - GET /service by id response

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 22, 2023 17:57

Hi Kinshuk,

During the Get call of TMF640 we are trying to retrieve the existing configuration of the service/device that are already configured in the network. To achieve this, we have to retrieve details from two other downstream applications and one of which responds in asynchronous way. Hence we cannot give complete response of Get /service by Id in synchronous way to the requester. 

Also the requester wants to use this response of 'get service by Id' in their user interface which end customers are using.

Anita Rawat
    Proximus SA

• 4.  RE: TMF640 Service Activation and Configuration - GET /service by id response

TM Forum Member
    Posted Mar 23, 2023 10:30

Thanks Anita! 

I am wondering which API you are using to retrieve the information that needs to be sent to TMF640 for activating the service. How you are calculating the payload for 640. Typically for change orders, it is not the snapshot of inventory that you can get by using TMF638 to calculate your Activation Parameters. You need to know the delta of the In-Service and In-Design Service Configuration to calculate the Activation Parameters. How you are achieving this in your implementation

To achieve asynchronous responses, you can wrap any of your API under TMF688 Event Management API payload and send it over an asynchronous channel like Kafka or Pulsar. 

Regards,

Kinshuk Kulshreshtha
    Oracle Corporation

My views posted on this forum are personal, and do not reflect the position of my employer or TM Forum.